This page displays Employment Opportunities for open positions at the Flint River Presbytery and at churches within our Congregation. Please read each listing carefully for specific requirements and preferred method of applying.
Director of Christian Education Job Description
Qualifications and Aptitudes
- Attained a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Christian Education.
- Embrace Reformed theology and the Presbyterian Church (USA).
- Have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and implement children’s and adult ministries.
- Possess an ability to work effectively with children and their parents, and senior adults.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a proficient use of technology, specifically Word, PowerPoint, email, text messaging apps, and Facebook, and Instagram.
- Possess a proven ability to recruit, coordinate, and train volunteers, and delegate responsibilities when necessary.
- Expected to maintain a safe driving record to operate all church vehicles.
- Attend all staff meetings, Strengthening of the Church committee (Christian Education committee), Children’s Ministry Team, and meet with Youth Director as needed.
- Attend other meetings as necessary in fulfilling job responsibilities.
- Assist the Strengthening of the Church Committee in the following ways:
- Prepare the committee’s budget with Youth Director.
- Plan and order curriculum for all Sunday School classes, and Wednesday night Pioneer program for children.
- Maintain educational supplies.
- Publicize, plan, and recruit volunteers for special Christian Education events. These currently include: Advent Festival, Easter Egg Hunt and Picnic, Community Fall Festival, Vacation Bible School.
- Submit announcements for the weekly newsletter, website, and social media accounts.
- Support our connection with Flint River Presbytery and other PCUSA organizations.
Responsibilities for Children and Families
- Plan and schedule program for Children’s Church.
- Maintain Children’s Worship packets.
- Discover opportunities to engage children during the summer.
- Train and assist leaders for children’s Sunday School and Wednesday night children’s programming.
Responsibilities for Adults
- Develop programs for young adults and young parents.
- Enhance and lead our comprehensive program for senior adults, Cornerstones.
- Continue to discern new ministry opportunities to engage and build up the faith of our congregation.
Please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
Choir Director and Organist part-time positions are open. First (Thomaston) invites applications/resumes, which can be sent to:
First Presbyterian Church
403 Birdsong Street
Thomaston, GA 30286
Designated Associate Pastor
Eastminster Presbyterian, a 530 member and growing church located on the East Coast of Florida in Indialantic, is seeking applicants for the position of Designated Associate Pastor. This is a full time position with benefits and a two year renewable term. Applicants should have passions and backgrounds which include worship leadership; children, youth and family ministry; outreach; pastoral care; and technology. Experience in a growing church and musical ability are highly valued. Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Website is epcfl.org and Facebook is epcflorida.