This page displays Employment Opportunities for open positions at the Flint River Presbytery and at churches within our Congregation. Please read each listing carefully for specific requirements and preferred method of applying.
DIRECTOR OF FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES
Moultrie, Georgia (GA), United States 31768
Qualifications and Aptitudes
- Possess a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Christian Education
- Embrace Reformed theology and the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Have a vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and implement children’s, youth and adult ministries
- Possess an ability to work effectively with children, youth and their parents, as well as senior adults
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a proficient use of technology, specifically Word, PowerPoint, email, text messaging apps, Facebook, and Instagram
- Possess a proven ability to recruit, coordinate, and train volunteers, and delegate responsibilities when necessary
- Expected to maintain a safe driving record to operate all church vehicles
- Moderate Christian Education committee and attend all staff meetings, Children’s Ministry Team (CMT), and Youth Ministry Team (YMT)
- Attend other meetings as necessary in fulfilling job responsibilities
- Assist the Christian Education committee in the following ways:
- Prepare the committee’s budget with help from the YMT, CMT, and Cornerstones.
- Plan and order curriculum for all Sunday School classes, and Wednesday night programs for children and youth
- Maintain educational supplies and rolls
- Publicize, plan, and recruit volunteers for special Christian Education events. These currently include: Advent Festival, Easter Egg Hunt and Picnic, Community Fall Festival, and Vacation Bible School
- Submit announcements for the weekly newsletter, website, and social media accounts
Support our connection with Flint River Presbytery and other PCUSA organizations
Responsibilities for Children and Families
- Plan and schedule lessons for Children’s Church
- Maintain Children’s Worship packets
- Discover ways to engage children throughout the year including summer camp opportunities
- Train and assist leaders for children’s Sunday School and Wednesday night children’s programming
Maintain files as well as train and ensure the Child and Youth Protection Policy is observed in all ministries that involve children and youth
Responsibilities for Youth
- Plan and schedule annual youth schedule providing opportunities for fellowship, outreach, worship, and discipleship (education)
- Select curriculum, and develop lessons and programming for Sunday and Wednesday evenings
- Coordinate youth trips including, but not limited to, Fall Youth Overnight (FYO), Spring Youth Overnight (SYO), Celebration of Faith (COF), Montreat, mission trips, summer camp opportunities, etc.
- Teach Wednesday evening youth programming
- Lead and prepare Sunday evening youth programming
- Coordinate annual Youth Sunday Service
- Coordinate annual Senior Recognition/Baccalaureate service
- Maintain communication with youth and parents in a variety of ways: email, Facebook, Instagram, text, bulletins and newsletter
- Plan fundraising opportunities to support youth programming
- Be available to the youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
Those interested in applying should send their resume and a cover letter addressed to the Personnel Committee at email@example.com.
- Organization: First Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
- Position: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Northminster Presbyterian Church in Macon, GA is looking for a part-time youth leader. We have an active and fun youth group with current participation of 5-10 youth per week. Out congregation supports the youth enthusiastically and funds several trips and camps each year. Learn more about us at www.northminstermacon.org.
We are looking for a dynamic and organized person who can relate to teenagers and will help them to grow in their love for Christ and mentor them on this important part of their journey as disciples. Experience preferred.
Hours: 10-15 per week; Salary $600-$1,100 per month
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to submit a resume.