CEN is responsible for developing programs and practices which empower, enrich, and encourage our member congregations in their Christian education and spiritual formation so that all may learn the essentials of our Reformed Christian faith and become lively, joyful and informed missionaries to the world.
This committee provides the following events for the education and nurture of Presbyterian disciples of all ages:
- quarterly “cluster conversations” focused on the interests and needs of local congregations
- bi-annual “Celebration of Faith” (COF) [February 21-23, 2020]
- children and youth camps and conferences such as “Fall Youth Overnight” (FYO), Quest, “Spring Youth Outing” (SYO), Montreat [June 8 -15, 2019], Dogwood Acres Camp [June 23-28, 2019], and Triennium 
- Annual trips for retired adults
- Other trainings, events, trips and resources available as needed
- scholarships for denominational events available as well
2019 Meeting Dates
- February 16 at 10:00am
- CEN Scholarship Policy
- Adult Scholarship Application – Fill this form out ONLINE and submit electronically to Elizabeth Cantrell
- Fall Youth Overnight Application
- Elizabeth Cantrell
- Annie Garrard
- Beth Holloway
- Chris Munro, Youth Council Coordinator
- Eric Newman
- Pete Sanders-Nesbitt, CEN Recorder & Resource Center Coordinator
- Rev. Anghaarad Teague-Dees, Moderator
- Jennifer Vazquez
- Lisa Barber, Montreat Coordinator
The Labyrinth was purchased by the Committee on Education and Nurture (CEN), is available at the presbytery office for use at any time. Call or E-mail Elizabeth Cantrell to reserve your dates and make arrangements for pick-up.
If you would be interested in serving on this committee, please complete the appropriate Time & Talent Form from the Forms & Guidelines Page.